Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 30

And today was another successful ride. Mark got a flat in his back tire in his last 20 miles or so, but I came riding in on my white horse...er...white car and rescued him. I even pumped his tire for him so that he wouldn't have to waste his energy. It took me twice as long as it takes him, but who's on a clock out here? We have a pretty good system in place. In some spots we don't get the greatest of cell phone service, so I let Mark ride for about an hour ahead of me, which let's him get 15 miles or so down the road, and then I go find him to see what he needs, give him new directions and then we begin the process again. We're camping tonight in a small town called Clam Lake. Mark is busy getting a campfire started so that we can grill some chicken and a 1 lb. sirloin steak that we found at the grocery for only $4.00!! We never would've had the time or energy to  do this if we didn't have our car, so it's really nice to be able to enjoy the camping now.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, now that you're a tour guide, you have more time to post. Now that I've returned to school, I have less time to comment. But I'll make one comment now and then catch up later.

    Now that you have the car, I wish you all had the little grill your dad got at the yard sale. You all would love it for sale steaks and chicken.

    I'll comment on your next few day blogs soon, but just wanted to say that the pictures are gorgeous! With Mark's photography and your writing, you may write a book someday. Perhaps you're in the process even now.

    I love you two so much and really miss you, but am so happy for this experience for you to have at this time. "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you." (Isaiah 60:1)

    ReplyDelete