Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

and the Physical Therapist said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet and encouraging comments and messages! We've recently moved into a new apartment and don't have internet access yet, so today is the first chance we've had to check facebook, e-mail, blog, etc.

I visited the physical therapist on Monday afternoon and she confirmed that it's Tendonitus. The positive side of that is that it's not too serious and I can't really do anything to injure my knees further. The negative side is that the only treatment is rest and ice. She instructed me to ice both knees for 10 minutes, 5 times a day and she also gave me some gentle stretches and exercises to do that will strengthen my quads and keep them from flaring up again in the future. So, that's the diagnosis. :)

Meanwhile, we're staying the night tonight in Osceola, Wisconsin which is located right on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. Mark will resume biking tomorrow (Thursday) morning. He's excited about our route change that will take us across this state and eventually into Michigan and then Canada! It should be some really beautiful riding. I'm excited about getting to serve him and assist him along the journey. I have 6 books checked out from the library that will keep me occupied while my knees heal. I'd appreciate prayers for a speedy recovery as I really want to be able to ride a little in this part of the country and give Mark some relief when he needs it. All in all, we ended up cutting all but about 20 miles of North Dakota and the whole of Minnesota from our trip (but we've done lots of riding in Minnesota already, so that's not a huge disappointment).

Our little respite in Rochester was a nice distraction. We met up with lots of sweet friends of ours. Mark got to work a few hours, we unpacked and set up our new apartment, we received prayer from some of you and South African chocolate from others, and two friends even blessed us with a gift card to Massage Envy! We want to especially thank Kris Allen for setting up my PT appointment and picking us up from the train station. All of you may not have even realized it, but you were the hands and feet of the Lord to Mark and I, and you showered us with His love simply by spending time with us during a time of hard disappointment. Thank you and bless you!

1 comment:

  1. Bless the Lord's Holy Name - how He has had you two in His Hands during this whole journey. Just as His plan for your journey differed from what you originally planned, so His plan for what I pictured VBS to be this week was different and far better than I could have imagined. I had no idea how I'd be able to prepare for a new school year with classroom work and professional development all day this past week and to do VBS every evening. But God's mercies were new every morning, and He not only gave energy to do the work, but to do the work both at school and VBS better and more timely than ever. As we all seem to be discovering at the same time, His plans are the best.
    "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or thank, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20)

    ReplyDelete