Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 33

Today was a hot one, but Mark pedaled it out and we were able to get our tent dried out. We just love Wisconsin. The roads that our maps take us on are almost like bike trails. The trees provide a canopy most of the time and the lakes are just unbelievable!
As I was driving around one of these lakes to catch up to Mark earlier today, a huge bird caught my eye as he swooped down and landed about 10 feet away from me. It turns out it was a Bald Eagle!! I stopped the car and he looked at me and I at him...we shared a sweet little moment. Maybe it's silly, but I was so excited. I've never seen a Bald Eagle outside of a zoo or nature preserve. If the lion is the king of the jungle, then the Bald Eagle is definitely the king of the sky. He was very majestic and classy. :)
We found another nice lake to swim in tonight: Lake Shawano, which also happens to be where we're camping. The bugs here are vicious!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like WI!! I hope people you passed have been nice to you, no name calling :) How are the knees? The rest should really help. It was great to see you guys, even if it was under "injury" timeout!

    Take care,

    Kris and Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I think the eagle was a gift from God to you. He knows how you enjoy getting to see His creation up close. Remember the white owl at Campbellsville? Owls represent wisdom, and eagles represent strength. May His wisdom and strength be yours always.

    "But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

    It's interesting how I'm reading this now about the eagle you saw, and that reminded me of this verse. This is a verse I need to meditate upon at this time, and now I'm reminded to do so. I love you, Mark & Sarah, and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete