Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 50

Sheesh...50 days on the road already? Craziness!
Well, we woke up to some showers this morning, but they passed for enough time that we were able to pack up our tent before they poured out again.
Mark ascended his first full mountain pass since we left the Cascades today: the Middlebury Gap which reached an elevation of 2,000 feet. He scaled it pretty well, which is good news seeing as how he still has a few more passes ahead of him and hilly terrain all the way to Bar Harbor. He says that he'd very much appreciate prayers for strength in his body and full recovery in the nights as he sleeps. We rode through another Rochester today. In the last few weeks we've been from our home in Rochester, MN to Rochester, NY to Rochester, Vermont.
Tonight we're camping in Thetford. Mark has gone meat crazy again and is currently grilling himself a steak over the fire while I watch in pretend fascination and munch on my bag of broccoli. The Grillmaster is in his element.

2 comments:

  1. Well, in two days, I've read and posted 20 days worth of your journey. I wish I hadn't let the beginning of the school year get in the way of reading your daily posts for so many days. I'm glad your dad shared them with me and we got to talk a time or two. I've really enjoyed reading them now. It's 9:20 p.m. and I'd really love to call you to talk and hear your voices, but I'm praying that both of you are sound asleep now, and that Mark's body in particular is being renewed and strengthened for the last few days' ride.

    I'm so thankful that God's mercies are new each morning, and I pray that you will both be refreshed, strengthened, and ready to go in the morning.

    "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might." (Ephesians 6:10)

    I love you both. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middlebury Gap,I remember coming down it in a pouring rain,but it was still fun. Glad to heare you are still at it. We are on our way home today,so thru your blog we will be enjoying life on the road. Maybe you will see some snow soon.

    ReplyDelete