Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 32

The rain last night never let up for even a minute until sometime around 7 a.m. this morning. We had a few leaks in our tent, but it was easily fixed with our towels. The problem with that kind of rain is that it takes us twice as long to pack up camp in the morning because everything gets soaked and muddied. The moisture hung heavily in the air for the remainder of today and the sun never made an appearance, so I was unable to dry out our tent and tarp. The forecast was calling for more showers throughout the evening, so when we arrived at our destination, Crandon, we checked into the Best Western for the night. The front desk lady was even nice enough to give us the AAA discount even though we aren't AAA members. I guess we looked pitiable. :)
Mark did some good riding today. He averaged 14.9 mph, which is awesome, especially considering all of the hills and bluffs that he had to ride through. He attributes the keys to his success to the two ginormous pancakes and the biscuits and gravy that he ate this morning for breakfast. Oh yeah, and of course the leftover potatoes that he's still munching on as a snack. That's A LOT of carbs, but he never ran out of energy.

FYI from the support vehicle: I finished the first of my books today, "Till We Have Faces" and here's my review: "It's a MUST READ!"

1 comment:

  1. I will read "Till We Have Faces". Any book you've ever recommended has been worth reading. The only one I struggled with that you recommended was "The Screwtape Letters". It was too confusing for my mind to read. Maybe another time, I'll try reading it again.

    My favorite book to read is God's Word. It absolutely amazes me and fills my mind with things I need to feed upon and store. "God's Word is alive and working and is sharper than a double-edged sword. It cuts all the way into us, where the soul and the spirit are joined, to the center of our joints and bones. And it judges the thoughts and feelings in our hearts." (Hebrews 4:12)

    ReplyDelete