Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 31

Wisconsin knows how to work their small towns. All of them seem like small little tourist destinations. The streets are filled with gift shops and coffee shops and putt-putt golf. It makes for some fun distractions.
Mark had a lighter day of riding today. He went 40 miles and we drove some segments in between to give him some good rest. We made it into a sweet town called Boulder Junction, where we walked around for a little while. Then it was off to set up camp and take a cold swim/bathe in Big Lake. Mark decided that he wanted to boil potatoes over our campfire tonight and just as he got them seasoned, the thunder started rumbling in the distance. Then the rain...hard rain came pouring. I quickly dove into the tent and waited for Mark to follow. When he didn't come in, I poked my head out and there he was still cooking his potatoes over the fire while  the rain drenched him. He cooked every single potato, while I drifted to sleep in the warm, dry tent.

3 comments:

  1. I guess he loves potatoes! I do to but prefer them home fried in a diner. Sounds like you are really enjoying the easy life on the road. Don't reinjure the knee and you will be back riding soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul. I still feel the tendonitus when i stretch my quads, so I'm still going to wait a little longer before attempting to ride.
    Hope you guys are doing well! You're getting closer everyday!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is August 28, and I'm finally beginning to catch up on your posts. As you can tell, school has been almost all-consuming. I'm glad your dad has kept me up with your whereabouts. I'm so excited that you all will be coming to stay with us for a bit in the midst of your journey.
    "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:2)

    ReplyDelete