Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 20

Montana is loooooong. We only made 45 miles tonight and are settling in a town called Saco. My knees are killing our riding. They were fine up until the last 3 miles, so we decided that it's best not to push it too much. So, I'm icing and taking ibuprofen. The plan is to try and ride 45 more miles tomorrow and then we'll take our rest day. We realize that this low mileage is putting us behind, but we'll figure out how to fix that later.
We both got flats today...our back tires again. This time we were able to find the causes of the punctures, which makes it less frustrating. 
In other news, the snakes in MT seem to be getting thicker and longer the further east we ride. I don't know what that's about. At least the ones we see are either dead or almost dead. If I see a live one, I'm pretty sure I'll puke.

1 comment:

  1. I'll add to my prayers that the snakes go away and not bother you as you travel. Your dad preached on I Thessalonians 5 this morning. Here is a verse for you that I'm praying for you as you travel.

    "May the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thessalonians 5:23)

    I love you and pray for your endurance daily. Mom

    ReplyDelete