Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 25

Thanks so much for everyone's prayers.  Today was much more enjoyable riding than the last few have been. Despite the knee pain, the Lord was near and He brought some joy with Him. I knew that people were praying because somewhere around mile 4, my heart suddenly changed from dread of the day's riding to peace and enjoyment. That's one big reason as to why your prayers are so appreciated by us. In the last week, Mark and I have both experienced that point of breaking where we just want to dismount our bikes and start yelling for help, but we were somehow able to press on. Any athlete, no matter what sport, will tell you that mental and emotional states greatly affect performance. It's no different with bike touring, and your prayers help us to win that battle of the mind and heart that is constantly being waged with every push of the pedal. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. 
 We faced a lot of wind in the first couple of hours today that was so intense that I felt the need to brace myself every time a car drove past for fear of being blown off the road, but it seemed to die down as we progressed. The knee aches are still very present and worsened when we hit some decent hills in the last 12 miles.
However, we welcomed the rolling hills, as they were a pleasant change of scenery. One stretch of the land reminded me of a really big golf course.
We're in a city park tonight located in Culbertson. It's a cute little town of about 700 people. We're almost through Montana...:) Both of us are dealing with upset stomachs (we think we may have drank some bad water in one of these towns) so, if there's motel space, we're taking yet another rest day tomorrow. Don't worry-we're busy forming a plan as to how to get ahead of schedule here in the next few days. 

1 comment:

  1. My precious children, I'm so very thankful for all of the prayers of your friends and family during this bike tour. In Bible school this week, one of our memory verses is James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him." One of the things I've prayed most for you on this tour is for wisdom. On a daily basis, you've had to make decisions, and without God's wisdom, decisions made in human strength alone can lead His children away from His plan. As I've read your blogs and talked with you two along the way, I've witnessed the wisdom of God at work in your lives. I will continue to pray for His daily moment by moment wisdom in your lives. For then He is glorified and His plan is complete. I love you both so much and can't wait to hug you. Whenever that happens, I probably won't be able to pry my arms lose from you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete