Biking across one nation to help feed students of another nation...$1.50 feeds one student in Kenya for one month.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 21

We made it successfully into Glasgow today. The wind was blowing gently behind us, so we were able to pedal 43 miles in  3.5 hours. We're doing our laundry right now and then we'll take it easy for the remainder of today and tomorrow.
This morning we passed a group of 3 bike tourers from Holland who are doing the same route as us, but in the opposite direction. They were so nice! They stopped to talk to us and ask us how our ride has been. I told them about my knee problems and they said that they went through the same ordeal in their first few weeks of riding. They advised us to take it easy on the mileage (which we are) and to take a good rest day. One of them looked at me with such concern and care in his eyes and he said, "Don't worry. Your knees will get better." I could've cried and thanked him right then and there! It was so encouraging to hear him say that to me with such certainty, after days of seeing people look at my knee braces and shake their heads while saying, "I don't know if you can make it to Maine like that." Yes, I'm definitely treasuring his words in my heart as a prophetic blessing from the Lord.
Glasgow is a sweet little town. We walked in the McDonalds for lunch and immediately 5 different people swarmed us with questions and encouragement regarding the bike trip. One man has traveled 3,000 miles so far on his motorcycle and he also encouraged me to treat my knees with ibuprofen this weekend and I'll be fine. 
Just a random FYI: I counted 26 bug bites on my body today and Mark counted 16 on his.
We haven't had any stings yet, but the bees love to swarm around our high vis. yellow shirts...so I'm guessing that it's only a matter of time!

1 comment:

  1. "Thank you, Lord, for the bike tourer from Holland who spoke words of wisdom and encouragement to Sarah. Thank you for all the many ways you are looking out for them. You are a faithful God, a God who can always be trusted. You are with us in the rain and in the sun, and you grow your children during tests and trials of life. In the midst of storms, you send beautiful sunsets or beautiful people from Holland with encouraging words. Thank you, heavenly Father, and may you always be glorified, honored, and praised.
    In the Powerful Name of Jesus. Amen."

    Chew & Sarah, keep your eyes on the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Keep praising Him and loving Him no matter the circumstances. Keep looking for beautiful sunsets. Your Heavenly Father is smiling upon you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete